The CDBA and CDLC
provide education, training and support to lawyers representing citizens accused of crime. These
two criminal defense lawyers groups also advocate fair and effective criminal justice in the courts, the
legislature, and wherever justice demands.
- To protect and insure by rule of law those individual rights guaranteed by the United States and
California Constitutions in criminal cases;
- To resist any efforts to curtail the rights guaranteed to citizens;
- To provide for the constant exchange of information among its members on all matters pertaining to
the defense of criminal cases, educational programs, membership meetings, special committees,
publications, articles and otherwise;
- To apprise its members or propose changes in legislation pertaining to the defense of all criminal
cases on the State and Federal level;
- To lend assistance to members and others who are in need of assistance on issues relating to the
representation of the accused, by all legal means;
- To promote justice, adherence to legal principle and the rule of law.